Your business demands precision airflow control for critical spaces. It is a matter of safety, pure and simple. Safety for world-class research laboratories. Safety for collaboration in the world of emerging sciences. Safety for patients and staff in state-of-the-art hospitals. For your critical room control system needs, Phoenix Controls is simply the best in the business.
About Phoenix Controls
For more than 25 years, Phoenix Controls has brought peace of mind to thousands of corporations around the globe. Safety is the main reason customers prefer Phoenix Controls. Innovative airflow control solutions provide new ways to save energy and reduce the cost of maintaining HVAC systems.
As building airflow control systems become more complex, their maintenance costs rise. Phoenix Controls delivers the value of an energy-efficient critical room control system that requires virtually no maintenance for the entire life of the building.
Phoenix Controls Solutions
Phoenix’s experience in the spaces below span many industries, including government entities, pharmaceutical companies, academic and research universities and medical facilities. Since 1985, Phoenix Controls has provided premium solutions to prestigious customers such as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Johnson & Johnson companies, University of California system, and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. View our full customer list.
To be effective when re-purposing healthcare spaces it is essential that adjustments happen without long transition times and expensive changeovers. Phoenix Controls ensures that the transition is smooth and contains the approprite control system elements for the space. Phoenix Controls healthcare solutions provide the pressurization, ACH, climate control, and on-demand conversion necessary to contain the highly communicable diseases. These increasingly prevalent diseases include SARS, influenza, and Ebola.
The Need for Phoenix Controls Valves
Owners of facilities with pressurized spaces typically find their spaces do not operate as they were designed to. The most common issue is poor airflow control that can cause safety concerns, energy waste and potential research integrity or production loss. Poor airflow control can be caused by many factors, including:
- Installation issues caused by duct runs that are not as straight or as long as required
- Slow speed of response due to measuring delays
- Instability due to pressure variation
- Sensor drift requiring frequent recalibration
- Unbalanced airflow demanding additional balancing / commissioning work
- Clogging of sensors necessitating periodic maintenance
Poorly performing pressurized spaces drive a facility’s utility costs higher than it needs to be. Many research universities find that anywhere between one half and two-thirds of their annual utility expenses is spent on their laboratory buildings. Facility owners need a more accurate airflow control solution that allows them to safely maintain their pressurized spaces while lowering their utility costs.
The solution to controlling pressurized spaces is a pressure independent flow metering valve such as the Accel® II venturi valve by Phoenix Controls. The Accel® II venturi valve is the most accurate airflow control valve in the market today. There are multiple reasons for its high degree of accuracy including:
- Utilizing flow metering technology that does not need long duct runs or use a K factor to correct for errors
- Has a one second speed of response which valves requiring flow measurement cannot match due to inherent signal latency between flow sensor, controller and actuator
- Pressure independent due to its use of a cone assembly that maintains flow with changes in static pressure
- Pressure independence eliminates the “hunting” that is typical of airflow control valves that use flow measurement for control
By maintaining precise pressurization the Phoenix Control Accel® II valve ensures the minimum amount of airflow is used. As a result of this, air change rates lower to achieve energy savings while also ensuring safety.
With over a million control valves installed worldwide, and sales and support staff that averages over 15 years of experience, Phoenix Controls is by far the leader of maintaining pressurized spaces for critical applications. Contact us today for more information about Phoenix Control valves.
- Factory characterization reduces TAB time
- Inlet and exit insensitivity allow for less costly ductwork designs
- Long-term system stability assured with true pressure independence
- No routine maintenance
- High turndowns of up to 20:1
- Response speed less than one second when required
- Proven ability to help achieve LEED certification and Green Guide for Healthcare recognition