Why Choose Badger Meter Flow Instrumentation?
Badger Meter offers one of the most extensive flow control and measurement portfolios in the industry — a portfolio that includes eight out of the ten major flow meter technologies. We understand what companies need, and we are here to provide the measurement tools to manage whatever moves through the pipelines of your building. Water, air, steam, oil, other liquids, and gas are just a few of the examples of what our products can handle. Customers can rely on Badger Meter Flow Instrumentation for application specific solutions that deliver accurate flow data. Our products are essential for product quality, cost control, safer operations, and regulatory compliance.
Badger Meter Dynasonics Ultrasonic Flow Meters
These ultrasonic meters measure flow rate by propagating ultrasound waves into liquid-filled pipes and measuring the reflections. With this technology, these meters reside outside the pipe to provide reduced installation costs, uninterrupted production, and installation flexibility across a wide range of pipe sizes. Dynasonics ultrasonic flow meters are ideal for liquid flow measurement as a permanently installed meter, a temporarily installed meter or as a portable flow verification device. The clamp-on design for closed pipes is non-intrusive and offers fast installation and setup with no need to cut into or drain piping. For even more customer convenient technology, some models also offer energy metering and network connectivity.
Transit time ultrasonic flow meters:
- Pipe size: 1/2 in. (12 mm) and larger
- Accuracy: up to ± 0.5% of reading (± 1.5% of reading for inline model)
- Variety of output options: 4…20 mA, frequency pulse and control relay
- Options include BACnet MSTP, Modbus RTU, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet/IP, energy monitoring and data logging.
Badger Meter ModMAG Electromagnetic Flow Meters
Our Electromagnetic flow meters are designed to achieve +.025 percent accuracy, and with the completely open flow tube design, this product virtually eliminates pressure loss. With no moving parts to restrain the flow stream, maintenance is kept to a minimum, even in less than ideal fluid conditions. Whether it’s improving accuracy, decreasing system maintenance or meeting the demands of challenging liquid conditions, Badger Meter electromagnetic meters deliver the performance and precision that your critical flow measurement applications require.
- Non-intrusive, completely open flow tube design
- Pipe size: 1/4…54 in. (DN6…2000), depending upon model
- Accuracy: up to ± 0.2% ± 1 mm/s
- Corrosion-resistant liners for long life
- Remote or meter mounted amplifier
- LCD display
- SCADA-ready outputs
- NEMA 4X/6P options
- NSF approved
Badger Meter Data Industrial Impeller Flow Meters
The Data Industrial impeller flow meters feature a six-blade or a symmetrical four-blade paddle-wheel design with a patented sensing mechanism. Unlike some mechanical metering technologies, impellers can tolerate bursts of air and vibration that would often damage other meters. These insertion and inline impeller meters serve a wide range of markets including irrigation, HVAC, energy management, water treatment, firefighting apparatus and general industrial applications. Our impeller solutions are extensible with network and data acquisition options.
Inline Flow Meter Features:
- Pipe size: 1/2…4 in. (12.7 to 101.6 mm)
- Accuracy: up to ± 2% of full scale
- Built-in energy meter
- Construction for use in super clean water
- Design for below-grade usage Point-to-point wireless
Insertion Flow Meter Features:
- One size meter fits a range of pipe diameters
- Available options include:
- Hot insertion sensors
- Battery-powered insertion sensors
- Bi-directional sensors