Modine Manufacturing has been producing innovative systems since 1916. All over the world, Modine Manufacturing thermal systems are being used in a wide variety of markets and industries.
Modine Manufacturing Specialties
Modine Manufacturing serves a variety of markets, providing residential unit and patio heaters, commercial rooftop HVAC systems, classroom HVAC and more. Along with these heating and cooling systems, our Hot Dawg® unit heater remains one of the top-selling unit heaters in the world.
In addition to our products, Modine provides world-class testing facilities to prove the performance of our engineered products and ensure customers are getting heating and air conditioning solutions that fit their unique requirements.
Modine Commercial Ventilation Systems Spotlight: Atherion Packaged Ventilation System
The Modine Manufacturing Atherion® Commercial Packaged Ventilation Unit is the ideal solution to effectively and efficiently meet the challenge of conditioning high volumes of outside air for ventilation, regardless of your geographic location. Whether you are in the humidity-soaked air of the Southeastern United States, in the drier, milder air of the West, or the wide four-season-variation of the upper Midwest and Northeast, the unit can be customized to meet your outside ventilation air requirements. With the Energy Recovery Exhaust option, your system is highly effective at recapturing energy from the building exhaust airstream, potentially saving thousands in annual energy costs.
The unit is fully selectable to meet job-specific conditions and unit configuration requirements using our industry-leading online selection system, Breeze™ AccuSpec that provides easy online selection, quotes and ordering processes. CSI-formatted specifications available, saving engineers valuable time. Read the specifications below and contact us about the Atherion® Commercial Packaged Ventilation Unit today.
- Modulating digital scroll compressor(s) standard for superior temperature control and part-load efficiency.
- Modulating variable speed head pressure control regulates refrigerant pressure over a wide range of environmental conditions.
- Electronic expansion valve provides superior superheat control.
- PF™ microchannel condenser coils from the company that invented them – Modine, reduces weight and refrigerant volumes.
- While not standard, modulating gas heat is by far the most common heating system selected. This option includes a stainless steel heat exchanger as standard to ensure a long life with up to 100°F temperature rise.
- Robust 2” double-wall construction and standing roof seam for strength and durability (insulated on roof, walls, and floor)
- Pre-painted G90 galvanized steel with an attractive finish verified capable of withstanding a minimum 2,500 hour salt spray and fog atmosphere exposure in accordance with ASTM B117 test procedures
- Stainless steel, double-sloped drain pan prevents corrosion and avoids standing water for improved IAQ
- Ultra-Low Leak AMCA Class 1A dampers. Leakage rate 3cfm/ft2 exceeds many stringent code requirements, including ASHRAE 90.1 and 189.1.
- Energy-efficient direct-drive supply air plenum fans on neoprene vibration isolators with high total static pressure capability.
- 2” MERV 10 fresh air filters standard
ENERGY RECOVERY MODULE
- 4Å Zeolite molecular sieve coated aluminum wheel which, unlike silica based desiccants on polymer substrates, absorbs no odors while providing outstanding heat transfer.
- Economizer Bypass for energy-efficient operation
- MERV10 fresh air filters
- Low static pressure with higher efficiency
- Slide-out energy wheel and exhaust blower/motor access panel for serviceability and maintenance
- Modine Control System intelligently controls energy recovery wheel operation, economizer bypass, frost control to maximize total system efficiency.
SERVICEABILITY & MAINTENANCE
- Full-length, piano-hinged access doors for accessibility and easy-to-open quarter-turn latches
- Modine Control System features full unit diagnostics, alarm logging, real-time display of live unit operating performance characteristics for temperature and pressures, etc.
- Every unit undergoes rigorous end-of-line testing to verify the proper operation of all systems prior to shipping.
- Modulating hot gas reheat coil provides enhanced supply air temperature control during dehumidification without using additional energy.
- E-coated coils for corrosion protection in areas such as salt-laden coastal regions.
- Gas with SCR controlled auxiliary electric for achieving low fuel consumption cost with gas and extended turndown range and excellent supply air temperature control in mild conditions.
- High efficiency condensing gas heating available with Modine’s proven Conservicore™ Technology
- SCR controlled electric heat.
- Hot water coils on select models.
- Ability to control an external modulating valve such as a hot water control valve by others for an externally mounted coil.
- Optional seamless integration with building management systems using BACnet® or LonWorks® communication protocols.
- External port to access the unit’s controls using a remote user interface module without powering down the unit.
- Various diagnostic, serviceability, and equipment protective options, including remote controller interface modules, voltage/phase rotation monitors, filter pressure switches, energy wheel rotation sensors, etc.
- Coastal Coat Casing Package extends corrosion protection, capable of withstanding a minimum 5,000-hour salt spray and fog atmosphere exposure in accordance with ASTM B117 test procedures.
- Higher MERV rating 2” filter options with additional 4” post-filter options, up to MERV16 filters.
ENERGY RECOVERY MODULE
- Electric preheat for frost control
- Exhaust air filters
- Wheel pressure and/or rotation sensors
SERVICEABILITY & MAINTENANCE
- Outstanding service and start-up support ensure unit performance and operation reliability from day one.
- Optional Start-Up Service